Friday, July 18, 2014

DAPHNE SIGNED INTO STEVENS MUSIC ENTERTAINMENT

I remeber sometime ago I learnt Stevens Music Entertainment was in search of an artist they could possibly work together with. Well it seems they finally found just what they were looking for - Daphne!

Daphne is a Cameroonian artist, born and bred in Douala. Currently at 25, she is a student at the University of Buea, Cameroon's first ever anglo-saxon University. However, she has always loved the world of music, causing her to go into recording.

I read from SME's website and this is what they said about her




Daphne_StevensHer greatest inspiration so far has been God and her mother. Daphne is also inspired by her experiences and her culture, leading to a style of music that blends  Pop, Afro-pop music, Afrobeat, reggae, makossa, Hip Hop and urban music in general. “I listen to all types of music, gospel and secular… gospel artistes like Cece Winnas, Mary Mary and Frank Edwards, and secular artistes like Bebe Manga, Tiwa Savage and Rihanna”; says Daphne.
She describes herself as simple and playful while holding dear the moral values of her up bringing. Family is everything to her. When Daphne is not singing, she is  dancing, acting and of course shopping. “I believe in God, I believe in working hard for what I really want, I believe in the people around me and I believe in myself”.
Currently SME is working on her first single titled ''Rastafarai". I just can't wait to get more of her soon! Watch the studio session in the video below and get to know who she really is.

Like her Facebook Fan Page HERE




No comments:

Post a Comment